HARRIS — A South Carolina couple is in jail after they led authorities on a 25-minute chase between two states.

Kristina Marcy, of Fingerville, South Carolina, and Michael Osteen, of Chesnee, South Carolina, were arrested Monday night after they fled law enforcement in a stolen pickup truck.

Around 7 p.m. the Rutherford County’s Sheriff’s Office responded to a suspicious vehicle in the area of W.V. Thompson Road. There were concerned the occupants of the vehicle were casing homes for larceny, according to Sheriff Chris Francis.

Marcy, who was driving the truck, took off when officers attempted to stop the truck. A chase ensued with Marcy driving into South Carolina and then back into North Carolina. During the chase that included multiple law enforcement agencies, Marcy was, at times, driving on the wrong side pf the road. They were also tossing items from the truck into the direction of the officers, Francis said.

At one point Marcy swerved the truck in the direction of officers.

Authorities used stop sticks to eventually get the truck stopped near Jack McKinney Road and U.S. Highway 221. Marcy and Osteen then fled on foot before officers apprehended them.

Marcy was taken to the hospital where she was treated and released, Francis said.

Officers found the pickup truck had been stolen from Duncan, South Carolina.

Marcy was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill for using the truck to swerve toward officers. She’s also charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, speeding to elude arrest and littering. She’s being held under a $150,000 secured bond.

Osteen was also charged with assault with a dangerous weapon with intent to kill, resisting arrest, littering and extradition of a fugitive for arrest warrants in South Carolina. He was also jailed under a $150,000 secured bond.

Monday night’s chase was not the first for Marcy. Francis said records show she led authorities on a similar chase following a larceny a few years ago.

The N.C. Highway Patrol and Rutherfordton police assisted the Sheriff’s Office with the chase.