SPINDALE — Isothermal Community College Small Business Center is offering a webinar and seminars to help those who want to start their own business in these challenging times.
The Isothermal Small Business Center stands ready to help small business in the community with services that are free to residents and business owners in Rutherford and Polk counties.
COVID-19 Guidance — What Small Business Owners Need to Know Right Now, — May 14 at 12 p.m.
This is a webinar presentation by Gwendolyn Lewis, Tricia Derr and Kathi Lucchesi of Lincoln Derr PLLC (Charlotte). Participants will receive guidance regarding legal issues surrounding employer requirements as a result of COVID-19. The panel will answer questions from webinar participants immediately following the presentation. Participants may send questions to presenters in advance of the program via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up, go the Eventbrite Registration Link at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/covid-19-guidance-what-small-business-owners-need-to-know-right-now-registration-104337179312
NEW ONLINE SEMINARS
The Best Small Business to Start Right Now! — May 13, 2020, 7 — 8 p.m.
Believe it or not, this may be one of the best times in decades to start a small business. Competitors are hard-hit, resources are cheaper, and good people aren’t hard to find. Discover what would be the best small business to start right now and if a business will bring in extra income or provide a job. The Best Small Business to Start Right Now! can help answer that question. The program will focus on four areas:
- How to create a business idea that fits you
- Businesses you can start for under $100
- “Hot” businesses that will grow in coming years. The program will list over 30 types of businesses with growth potential.
- 5 easy-to-use steps to starting a business.
The Best Small Business to Start Right Now! will help those interested in starting a business get started in the right way.
ABCs of Starting a Small Business — May 20, 2020, 7 — 8 p.m.
Starting a small business is easier now than it has ever been. In these challenging times, everyone from the government to local bankers is trying to help small business owners succeed.
In ABCs of Starting a Small Business, participants will learn the basics of small business start-up. The program will include:
- The only 5 resources everyone has
- How to find out about licenses
- Should you incorporate?
- How to hire good people
- How to create low-cost advertising
- Two questions to ask any expert
- How to do a quick business plan
- Where the money will come from
ABCs of Starting a Small Business can be the first step to small business ownership.
Creating a Winning Business Plan — May 27, 2020, 7-8 p.m.
Whether a business is a service, retail, manufacturing or direct marketing, everyone needs a plan. The first question people trying to borrow money for a business are asked by the lender is, “Do you have a business Plan?”
Creating a Winning Business Plan will offer simple, easy-to-follow steps for creating a business plan that fits each business.
The program will focus on:
- How to easily create a simple business plan
- How to create a full-length plan that can guide your business
- Which parts of the plan must be done in specific ways
- Which parts of the plan bankers focus on
- How to create the important marketing segment of the plan
- What the plan must look like
The key to starting a business is to create a winning business plan. Creating a Winning Business Plan can help get those interested in starting a business begin in the right way.
Dynamite Marketing On a Firecracker Budget for Small Business Owners — June 3, 2020, 7 — 8 p.m.
Successful business owners know that marketing is the most important part of any business. Believe it or not, even in today’s challenging marketplace, it has never been as easy or economical to do great, profitable marketing.
In Dynamite Marketing On a Firecracker Budget, participants will learn:
- 35 Ways to grab new customers
- How to choose the social media your customers pay attention to
- How to network quickly and easily
- The Top 5 Marketing tools every business needs
- to use
- How get inexpensive creative assistance
If you can’t market successfully, you will simply end up with an expensive hobby. Dynamite Marketing On a Firecracker Budget will show you that great, profitable marketing has never been simpler.
Getting It All Done in Tuff Times for Small Business Owners — June 10, 2020, 7 — 8p.m. (Long) Starting and running a small business is a challenge and getting it all done can feel impossible.
Getting It All Done in Tuff Times will show participants how to:
- Find an extra hour a day.
- Plan on purpose and plan with a purpose.
- Deal with difficult people.
- Set and track priorities: Are you trying to do too much?
- Meet timelines and deadlines: How to do three things at once.
- What to do in times of crisis and conflict.
- How to handle the stress of “tuff” times.
- Getting it done and go home on time.
Succeeding in time management and organization is about setting and meeting goals, working more effectively with people, digging out from under the paperwork and email avalanche, and dealing with the stress of a crazy economy. Getting It All Done in Tuff Times can help people do those things.
Registration must be done online at https://www.ncsbc.net//center.aspx?center=75260&subloc=0.
For more information, call Bishop at 828-395-1667 or email her at email@example.com.