Old home, storage area burns

Nov. 12, 2013 @ 04:18 AM

When Joe Taylor was burning leaving behind an old family home place off U.S. 221A in Caroleen, he went inside for a few minutes and when he was alerted by a granddaughter, the house was in flames. "It was my fault," Taylor said as he watched firefighters from three community department extinguish the fire.  He said he thought the fire was out from the leaves when he went indoors.  The house was used for storage, particular motorcycles and parts he used when working on the bikes. There were other family items in the home. Cliffside, SDO, Ellenboro fire departments; Rutherford County Rescue and Rutherford County EMS, Duke Energy, Traffic Control and the Sheriff's Department responded.