Goals for Rutherford County
County commissioners narrowed down a list of goals to five. Here is a synopsis of what goals received the highest priority during a special meeting Thursday:
• Economic development product (including site-ready property, marking Daniel Road property and creating a public/private EDC organization).
• Southern EMS station (including cost estimates for building a new library).
• VOCAT (Vocational and Technical) facility (coupled with developing a plan for county/school/college facility upgrades).
• Water/sewer infrastructure (including a sewer system study)
• Transportation advocacy (including U.S. 221A straightening, petitioning South Carolina to complete U.S. 221 near Chesnee, reroute Charlotte Road off-ramp on U.S. 221, the U.S. 221/Lauren Hill bi-section, and advocating for an Interstate 74 corridor in Rutherford County).